As stated on Historical Buildings of Connecticut Website:
As stated on Historical Buildings of Connecticut Website: The Luman Andrews House at 469 Andrews Street in Southington is one of the earliest in the town, having been constructed in 1745 with a fifth bay being added to the north side in 1795. The house was built by Nathaniel Messenger, who sold it to Dan Bradley in 1779. In 1782, it was acquired by Eunice Judd Root, wife of Jonathan Root, Jr., who she later divorced. In 1806, she deeded the house to her son, Capt. Nathaniel Judd Root upon his marriage to Sarah Dunham. In 1818, Root sold the house to Luman Andrews (1776-1839). In 1825, Andrews and his neighbors, Anson Merriman and Sheldon Moore, discovered an outcrop of blue limestone on the property and confirmed with Professor Benjamin Silliman of Yale that it was the blue limestone needed to make Portland Cement. The farm then became a quarry, with kilns and mills to process the cement. The quarry was active until around the time Bennet Andrews, Luman’s son, died in 1860. Charles Moore, grandson of Sheldon Moore, bought the house in 1873 and his family owned it until 1980.